NoCheat
[t_news]
RSS-Feed
Forum
OFFtopic Forum: OFFtopic Thread: 99 FIFA Under-17 Championship, where the Americans

99 FIFA Under-17 Championship, where the Americans
Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 13.12.2016 um 04:26 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
lw789
User
NEW YORK -- John Farrell is getting tired, tired of watching the Boston Red Sox waste opportunity after opportunity. Jonathan Schoop Jersey . The World Series champions failed each of the four times it had runners in scoring position, eking out just two hits while facing No. 5 starter VidalNuno and three relievers in an 6-0 loss to the New York Yankees on Friday night. "Again, the base hit with the guy in scoring position has been elusive," Farrell said. The Red Sox put runners on in each of the first three innings against Nuno (2-4), who gave up 13 runs in 9 1-3 innings over his last two starts, but came up empty in the sixth loss in eight games against New York this season. Boston is hitting .227 with RISP, a big part of the reason they are just 36-44. The Red Sox scored three runs or fewer for the 11th time in 13 games and losing for the sixth time in eight games. Fourth in the rugged AL East, Boston trails the Yankees, who entered the night in third, by six games. "I think weve got the right guys in here, guys who have been around and know what they have to do," BrockHolt said. "Its just a matter of going out and doing it." BrandonWorkman (1-1) pitched seven adequate innings but allowed a sacrifice fly to MarkTeixeira and consecutive homers to KellyJohnson and BrettGardner. Workman allowed four runs, seven hits and two walks. He struck out five. "Little bit of a grind the whole time," Workman said. "I was constantly pitching with guys on." BrianMcCann added a two-run homer off CraigBreslow in the eighth. In his first at-bat as a 40-year-old, DerekJeter fisted a single to right field with one out in the first. His birthday was on Thursday, the Yankees final day off before playing 17 straight going into the All-Star break. After JacobyEllsbury doubled, Jeter scored on Teixeiras sacrifice fly for the early lead. The Yankees captain also singled in the fourth for hit No. 3,390 and went 2 for 4 in New Yorks second win in six games. New York manager JoeGirardi could have skipped the struggling Nuno and given the ball to rookie ace Masahiro Tanaka because of the extra day of rest but, in a feisty pregame Q&A with media, Girardi insisted he was interested in protecting his entire staff, not just the Japanese sensation. Nuno rewarded Girardi with 5 2-3 impressive innings. He yielded a leadoff single to JonnyGomes in the second and a one-out double in the third to Holt. Nuno then retired 10 straight before walking DavidOrtiz, his last batter. "Ive had confidence in him but were in a situation where these are the five guys that we have," Girardi said. "Hes pitched some good games for us. ... He seems to always bounce back and give us a good outing." DellinBetances, AdamWarren and MattThornton finished the three-hitter. Holt possibly saved a run in the second when he made a leaping catch above the wall on BrianRoberts fly to right field. But he could only watch as Johnsons two-run homer in the fourth went deep into the bleachers in right field, his first home run in 85 at-bats. "It was a good feeling," Johnson said, "to drive a ball like that but also to give us some more breathing room." Gardner connected six pitches later, giving New York a 4-0 lead. NOTES: Red Sox SS StephenDrew snapped an 0-for-29 skid with a double in the seventh. ... Farrell said LHP Felix Dubront is being bumped to the bullpen. Dubront was not happy. "I have to stay positive and do my work," Dubront said. ... Boston OF ShaneVictorino (strained right hamstring) and 3B WillMiddlebrooks (broken finger) had setbacks in their rehabs. Both have stopped baseball activities and there are no timetables for their return. ... Yankees LHP CCSabathia (right knee) will make his first rehab start Saturday for Class-A Tampa. Sabathia has been out since May 11 with degenerative cartilage problem in his knee. He will likely need to make two more rehab starts. ... Up next: a matchup of aces. Boston LHP JonLester (8-7) vs. Tanaka (11-2). Jim Palmer Jersey . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes. J.J. Hardy Orioles Jersey . Defensive end JadeveonClowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.CHICAGO - DaMarcus Beasley, the first American to play in four World Cups, said Monday he is retiring from the U.S. national team after 14 years.The 32-year-old scored 17 goals and made 121 international appearances fifth on the U.S. career list. He played in every minute of the Americans four games at this years World Cup, where the U.S. lost to Belgium in the second round. After playing midfield at the World Cup in 2002, 06 and 10, Beasley was shifted to left back for this years tournament.Honestly I never thought this day would come, representing my country has been the greatest thing Ive done in my career, Beasley said in a statement posted on Instagram.To all my coaches and teammates, I just want to say thank you, thank you for making me the player I am and the man I will be in the future, Beasley wrote.A native of Fort Wayne, Indiana, started his professional career with the Chicago Fire from 2000-04, winning a pair of U.S. Open Cups, and played abroad for PSV Eindhoven, Manchester City, Glasgow Rangers, Hannover and Puebla. He returned to MLS in July with Houston aand will continue his club career with the Dynamo. Pedro Alvarez Orioles Jersey. He made 22 Champions League appearances and became the first American to score for two teams in Europes top club competition, for Eindhoven and Rangers. He is the only U.S. player to appear in a Champions League semifinal and won two league titles in the Netherlands and two in Scotland.Beasley earned the Silver Ball at the 1999 FIFA Under-17 Championship, where the Americans finished fourth and Landon Donovan won the Golden Ball. Beasley was selected the U.S. Soccer Federations Young Male Athlete of the Year in 2001.He made his national team debut in a February 2001 exhibition against China, played in 11 World Cup matches and appeared his U.S. finale last month in an exhibition against Colombia in London. He helped the U.S. to titles in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the championship of North and Central America and the Caribbean, in 2002, 2005, 2007 and 2013.U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann congratulated Beasley on Twitter on a fantastic international career. 4 World Cups is a huge achievement! Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '
IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »
Design von FoxHunter; Angepasst von FoxHunter; Angeboten auf dzcp-fans.de und .:$F]B[D$:.