NoCheat
[t_news]
RSS-Feed
Forum
OFFtopic Forum: OFFtopic Thread: Beverley was shelved with a knee problem. Both came bac

Beverley was shelved with a knee problem. Both came bac
Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 19.12.2016 um 04:22 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
lw789
User
VANCOUVER -- Chris Del Bosco still wouldnt change a thing. Richie Incognito Bills Jersey . The Canadian skicross racer appeared to have the bronze medal locked up in the mens final at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, only to wipe out while trying to make a pass in the biggest moment of his career. Del Bosco made no apologies after that race, and is relishing his shot at redemption four years later. "Im known for some passes last minute... most of the time it works out for me and on that day it didnt work out," said the 31-year-old Montreal resident. "I raced 100 per cent and thats how I do. Im not going to hold back and say OK here, we got this (bronze) locked up. Might as well just chill out. "I knew there was an opportunity for improvement and I took it. If I had to do it again I would do the same thing, just hope for a little different outcome." Del Bosco was among six athletes named Monday to a strong Canadian skicross team for next months Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. "I never put third place or second place on a goal sheet," said Del Bosco. "I have pretty high expectations and Ive proven in the past I can make things happen when I need to." In fact, the entire Canadian skicross contingent -- which has a goal of earning medals in both the mens and womens races -- has shown an ability to make things happen. Joining Del Bosco on the team are Dave Duncan of London, Ont., Calgarys Brady Leman, Kelsey Serwa of Kelowna, B.C., Marielle Thompson of Whistler, B.C., and Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C. The 24-year-old Serwa, who finished fifth in Vancouver behind Canadian gold medallist Ashleigh McIvor, said the competition to even make the team is fierce. "We push each other. I dont think our team would be as good if we didnt have... motivation to really improve," said Serwa, won the world championship and X Games gold medal back in 2011. "We work really well together and I think thats really to our advantage." Serwa will be joined in the womens competition by the 21-year-old Thompson, the current World Cup leader, and the 24-year-old Simmerling, who suited up for Canada in alpine skiing at the 2010 Games. "Its really inspiring to look beside me and see the other two girls on my team, and the men too," said Serwa. "Everyone is just so dominant and so strong. "Its really cool to have the progression of watching where we came from and where we are now." On the mens side, the 31-year-old Duncan picked up his first two World Cup victories in December, while the 27-year-old Leman has five career World Cup podiums to his name. Leman -- who along with Duncan missed out on the sports Olympic debut in Vancouver because of injury -- is excited to get his first experience at a Games. "Im super proud and a little bit relieved," said Leman. "The way the last couple seasons have gone for me, Ive felt like I belong at the Olympics. "The Canadian freestyle team is just such a difficult team to make. Were so deep across all the disciplines." That talent, coupled with a sluggish start to the season, almost cost Del Bosco a spot in Sochi. The international ski federation allocates up to 26 spots for each country for all five freestyle disciplines. Del Bosco won the 2011 world championship and has two X Games gold medals to his name, but needed one podium finish in his final two races to make the Canadian team. The first event in France was cancelled due to weather, but he was still awarded top spot on the basis of his qualification time and his victory in his heat. Del Bosco then followed that up with a fifth-place finish the following day. "It was stressful, more after the fact knowing that I had put a good qualifier in," Del Bosco said of the cancelled race. "I was skiing really well and then it was called -- something completely out of my control. "I had faith that I put in all the work and I did everything I could on that day." McIvor, who attended Mondays announcement, said Canadians can expect Del Bosco to make the same move he did in Vancouver if the skier finds himself running third in the Sochi final. "I think you can depend on Chris to always give it his all and not settle for anything less than what he truly wants," said the 30-year-old McIvor, who retired in 2012 after a knee injury. "Hes definitely an all-or-nothing guy. "You have to be the most aggressive out there. What separates the good skicross athletes from the others is those who have that natural instinct to make good decisions under pressure and just keep on pushing." Chris Gragg Jersey . Dragic was a game-time decision because of a sore right ankle that had kept him out of Wednesdays loss at Utah, but played all but the last 10 seconds of the second half in the first 40-point game for a Phoenix player since Amare Stoudemires 44 on March 19, 2010. Doug Flutie Bills Jersey . -- Rookie VictorOladipo came off the bench to score 20 points and GlenDavis had 18, leading the Orlando Magic to a 112-98 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night.The Chicago Bulls begin another playoff run without DerrickRose on Sunday night when they welcome the Washington Wizards to the United Center. Catch the game as the first half of a doubleheader on TSN2 starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. Chicago is in the postseason for a sixth straight year and for the second time without Rose because of lingering knee issues. The Bulls got by without Rose in the first round last season, using a full seven-game series to dispose of the Brooklyn Nets, but the eventual two-time NBA champion Miami Heat bounced the Bulls in five games in the East semifinals. Now the Bulls are taking on a young and inexperienced Wizards team that won two of three meetings against them in the regular season. The Wizards have to play the first two games in the Windy City, where they are just 5-15 in the last 20 games. "The Wizards are a tough team, tough, tough team," said Chicago sixth man TajGibson. "They gave us so many problems in the regular season; great shooters. They got some great bigs in Nene and (Marcin) Gortat. JohnWall is playing some phenomenal basketball. BradleyBeal is playing great basketball, too. Their bench is loaded up. Its going to be tough." When Rose went down early this season, the Bulls became JoakimNoahs team, although defense is still their calling card. Chicago finished tops in the NBA in opponents scoring (93.7 ppg) and second in opponents shooting percentage (43.2). The Bulls have ranked no lower than third in opponents scoring in head coach Tom Thibodeaus four seasons at the helm. Noah is headed toward a possible Defensive Player of the Year award, but his offensive game is what carried the Bulls. He averaged 12.6 points and led the Bulls with 11.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Noah played an integral part for Chicagos top defense, but also averaged a career-high 5.4 assists. Chicago won an Eastern Conference-best 36 games since Jan. 1 and won seven in a row before closing out the season with two losses in three tries. Washington is wet behind the ears when it comes to recent postseason appearances. It has returned to the playoffs for the first time since 2007-08, when it lost in six games to a young LeBronJames and the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Wizards are facing the Bulls for the third time in the postseason, as they were swept 3-0 back in the first round of the 1997 playoffs and won a best-of- seven series 4-2 in 2005. "I feel like we like our chances against anybody if we play the right way," said Wall, who averaged 20.7 points, 8.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds in three games versus the Bulls this season. "We just have to go out there and play the way we know how to play, and play the defense were capable of playing. Were here and were focused and will try to leave a statement and see where it takes us." The Wizards received a big boost with the return of veteran big man, Nene. He missed a ton of time in the middle of the season, but came back for four games at the end. He averaged 14.3 points and should come in handy against the bruising frontline of Chicago. Washington toook advantage of a weaker Eastern Conference to reach the playoffs and went 19-11 after the break. Kraig Urbik Jersey. The Wizards closed the regular season with four straight wins and eight in the last 11 games. Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets Two of the leagues best offensive units take center stage Sunday night when the Houston Rockets host the Portland Trail Blazers at the Toyota Center. Catch the game as the tail end of a doubleheader on TSN2 starting at 9:30pm et/6:30pm pt. The Rockets are the NBAs second-ranked offense at 107.7 ppg, followed by the Trail Blazers, who are fourth with 106.9 ppg. Houston secured the home-court advantage with a win on Monday against the NBAs best, the San Antonio Spurs. "We fought hard for it. It took a little longer than I hoped but we knew we had to get 54 wins and we got there with one to spare," said Rockets coach Kevin McHale. The matchup between the two squads has been decidedly in Houstons favor over the last few seasons. The Rockets have won nine of the last 12 meetings, including three of four this season. "Its the West. We dont care who were going to play, its going to be tough anyway," said Portland forward NicolasBatum. "Houston is a good team, a great team. Theyve got a good group of players. We match up pretty well with them. Weve had good games, tough games." The Rockets were believed to be a serious contender for an NBA title when they signed prized free agent DwightHoward in the offseason. Along with All-Star guard JamesHarden, they form a formidable one-two punch. Portland, on the other hand, was a bit of a surprise this season. The Blazers hadnt made the playoffs the last two seasons, but the core group stayed healthy and the bench improved significantly. These two teams met in the first round back in 2009, but oh how different they both are just five years later. Houston has no players on the roster from that team, which was led by YaoMing, while only LaMarcusAldridge and Batum remain for the Blazers. "It wont be easy. It is going to be fun," said Batum. "Excited finally for playoffs to start because we wait too much for that, now almost three years, so ready to start." The Rockets got healthy at the right time. Howard missed significant time late in the season with an ankle injury and starting point guard PatrickBeverley was shelved with a knee problem. Both came back before the end of the season and should be all-clear for the playoffs. Portland is healthy. This matchup is so even, down to the matching 54-28 records. Each team had two All-Stars in Howard and Harden for Houston and Aldridge and DamianLillard for Portland. As expected due to both teams high offensive output, defense has suffered. The Blazers ranked 22nd in opponents scoring, while the Rockets were one rung below. "Its going to be a great series," said Harden. "There are so many guys that can score for them and for us. Its going to be a matter of the small things: who can limit their turnovers and rebound the basketball." Cheap Jerseys From China wholesale jerseys ' ' '
IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »
Design von FoxHunter; Angepasst von FoxHunter; Angeboten auf dzcp-fans.de und .:$F]B[D$:.