RSS-Feed
Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Spam Thread: cordthe advantage of deciding

cordthe advantage of deciding
Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 12.05.2015 um 04:28 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
gengm125
User
CLEVELAND -- Roberto Perez knows how to make a good first impression.Glen Davis Clippers Jersey. Called up from the minors Tuesday, Perez hit a two-run homer in his major league debut to help spark a late rally and lead the Cleveland Indians to a 9-3 win over the New York Yankees on Thursday night. "I still cant believe it," he said. "It was so awesome to be out there." The Indians scored nine runs in the last two innings. AsdrubalCabreras bases-loaded triple and MichaelBrantleys sacrifice fly highlighted a four-run seventh that erased a 3-0 deficit. Brantley, a first-time All-Star this season, added an RBI single in a five-run eighth, when Perez and CarlosSantana homered. CarlosCarrasco (2-3) pitched a scoreless seventh to help the Indians gain a four-game split. The 25-year-old Perez, called up from Triple-A Columbus to be Clevelands backup catcher, singled in the seventh for his first major league hit. His drive to left field in the eighth was originally ruled a double, but the call was changed to a home run after a replay review. "That was nice," Indians manager Terry Francona. "You just have to take a minute to enjoy that." Left fielder ChrisDickerson, acquired from Pittsburgh on Monday, was 3 for 4 and enjoyed Perezs home run. "Its cool being around a kid getting his first major league home run," Dickerson said. "I said to him Could you hit a more dramatic homer? " Perez was batting .305 with eight homers and 43 RBIs in 53 games when he got the call to the majors. "I wasnt nervous going into the game, but I was anxious," he said. "I just tried to put the ball in play." Perez overcame an obstacle during the game when he broke all of his bats. "I didnt have any left and Cabrera gave me his," Perez said. "Its a lighter one that I normally use, but the ball went out. Im going to ask him for some more." Yankees starter DavidPhelps took a shutout into the seventh before Dickerson and Perez singled. JasonKipnis singled off the glove of reliever MattThornton (0-3) to load the bases. Cabrera hit the next pitch into the right-field corner, scoring all three runners and tying the game. Brantley hit a liner to centre field, where JacobyEllsbury made a diving catch, but Cabrera tagged up and scored the go-ahead run. Dickerson is hitting .467 (7 for 15) in four games. "Its one thing to come in and get settled on a new team, but to come in and start contributing right away, thats a big deal," he said. "Ive been in this position before so I know its important to relax and not try to do too much." Cleveland starter T.J.House allowed three runs in 4 2-3 innings, including ZelousWheelers two-run homer in the fourth. Carrasco, VinniePestano, Kyle Crockett, ScottAtchison and NickHagadone combined to pitch 4 1-3 scoreless innings. DerekJeter, playing his final regular-season game in Cleveland, went 2 for 4 in the 1,000th multihit game of his career. IchiroSuzuki had a pinch-hit single in the eighth for his 2,800th major league hit. NOTES: The Indians presented Jeter with an electric guitar before the game. The white guitar with blue Yankees pinstripes was inscribed with Jeters No. 2 and the words, "The Captain." ... CarlosBeltran was placed on the seven-day concussion list before the game. He broke his nose when he was hit in the face by a ball that caromed off the batting cage Wednesday. ... The Yankees are 5-3 on an 11-game road trip that takes them to Baltimore this weekend for three games before the All-Star break. RHP HirokiKuroda (6-6) faces Orioles RHP MiguelGonzalez (4-5) on Friday night. ... Yangervis Solarte, who was called up when Beltran was hurt, played third base and had an RBI single in the fifth. ... Cleveland begins a three-game series at home against the White Sox on Friday night. RHP CoreyKluber (8-6) faces Chicago RHP HectorNoesi (3-5).Hakeem Olajuwon Rockets Jersey. More than a month after signing the free agent centre, Bynum is expected to make his debut with Indiana on Tuesday night against Boston.Blazers Jersey. Wigginton, 36, was released by the St. Louis Cardinals in July after hitting .158 in 57 at-bats. Hes a career .261 hitter with 169 home runs. Marlins third basemen totalled three homers and 44 RBIs in 2013, worst in the majors in both categories.That led me to ask a different question. I wondered how NHL coaches would feel about a playoff schedule that allowed them to open a best-of-seven series on the road, which many claim to favour, yet still gave them the precious home-ice edge for a seventh game.How would that work, you ask, as they did?Pretty simple, really - the higher-placed team would play the first two games on the road, and then get its home-ice advantage in four of the remaining five contests, excepting game six and including game seven.Overwhelmingly, the NHL coaches who were presented with this idea said they would opt for it if given the choice.That led me to wonder how the NHL would feel about a playoff system that gave the higher-placed team the option of playing at home for games 1,2,5,7, or for games 3,4,5, 7.The leagues schedule-maker wondered why he should make changes based on the apparent whims of coachess.Allen Iverson Grizzlies Jersey. It was pointed out to him that the alternative plan might be even more attractive to NHL owners and NHL players than to NHL coaches.Thats because it requires less travel over the course of a seven-game series. Traditionally, there is travel following games 2, 4, 5, and 6. In the new model, teams would switch sites only three times, after games 2, 5 and 6.Teams would save money, players would be fresher, and coaches would get what many say they prefer.At the very least, there would be an actual reward for a good regular-season recordthe advantage of deciding what the real advantage is over a seven-game series, never mind the supposed and dictated advantage of opening at home.The next time you hear the coach of a team favoured to win lament the pressure that comes with game one at home, think of this way to end that complaint forever, and PASS IT ON.wholesale nfl jerseyswholesale jerseys' ' '
IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »
Design von FoxHunter; Angepasst von FoxHunter; Angeboten auf dzcp-fans.de und .:$F]B[D$:.