RSS-Feed
Forum
OFFtopic Forum: Sonstiges Thread: pecial person." The Indians sig

pecial person." The Indians sig
Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 02.04.2015 um 08:57 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
gengm125
User
Im a huge Public Enemy fan. mujer Nike Free 3.0 v6 Maroon rosas Zapatillas de deporte . Have been since I was 14. Earlier this week, my co-host Bob Mackowycz and I had a chance to speak to one of the most influential voices of my lifetime, PE frontman Chuck D. For 25 years, hes been fighting the power and his love of sports has proven to be a driving force behind it. As a huge Knicks fan, hes also believing the hype about Linsanity... TSN: Can you explain to me why sports and hip-hop are so intertwined, and you think back to so many videos over the year theres always seems to be at least one dude wearing a jersey of whatever sports team it may be.  You dont see it in rock, you dont see it in country, but in hip-hop it seems like sports and hip-hop are intertwined, can you explain why? Chuck D: Ill just give you a brief take on it.  I think its just like the quest for respect and identity I think it has something to do with it.  So I think when it came down to sports teams, a lot of black youth especially coming up in the 70s and 80s, you know we identified with coming together with teams and liking some of the same things so I think the formation of hip-hop and when you start seeing more black faces talking and doing more things in sports in the 80s, I think they came together, people coming from the same environment, so it went hand in hand, athletes and entertainment in the black community seemed to have a voice that was allowed.  If it was allowed and then it was loud also at the same time then you have a combination that kinda like put us out there in the forefront.  TSN: Youre a New York guy tried and true and Ive seen you wearing Chicago Bear hats over the years or Pittsburgh Pirates over the years as well... Chuck: But I have reasons, because Chicago if you saw C on my hat because its Chuck. I wore a Bulls jersey in the Anthrax video because I lost a bet cause the Knicks lost to the Bulls. P is for the Pirates but also has significance because the great Roberto Clemente transcended sports with being a humanitarian. The Pirates with the first all black starting lineup in 1971 and P is also for Public Enemy so theres rhyme and reason behind me wearing some sports things. TSN: What was the bet that you had to lose that jersey in the video with Anthrax? Chuck: That the Knicks would beat the Bulls. TSN: Is that still eating at you 20 years later? Chuck: Oh yeah, yeah Im a Knicks fan, but Ive been really happy the last couple of days with Jeremy Lin. I think he is giving me more satisfaction than the last 10-15 years of free agent, big money spending. This dude comes from seemingly no place, and you know Asian-American coming in and stepping in and showing that it can be done from anybody at any particular time without no hype attached to it. TSN: Oh but Chuck, I gotta take you to task on that. The New York papers are calling it Lin-Sanity as though he was like Vince and Vince-sanity. Come on -  and youre the guy who says dont believe the hype. Chuck D: But I would tell you this, New York always wants the underdog, somebody who actually doesnt seem like we actually bought a player or we drafted a No. 1 with high expectations. Somebody who seems lke they come from nowhere, and thats usually gonna get the pat on the back from somebody who is actually giving 150 percent. You know as a Knicks fan I havent seen a championship since I was 13 years old. Im 51 years old now so all I want to do is see my team work hard and play hard and thats what that dude signifies right now. TSN: 10-15 if you could sit down with Carmelo Anthony right now, what would you say to him? Chuck: Keep diving for loose balls. TSN: It sounds like you still miss Charles Oakley... Chuck D: Thats my man, thats my man, I was ticked off when the Knicks traded Oak to the Raptors. TSN: Your love of the Knicks runs deep and its not just a sports thing - youve gone on and said that some of your rap style is developed from listening to Marv Alberts call. Chuck: Yeah, it wasnt just Marv Albert announcing the Knicks, its Marv Albert announcing the Rangers his play by play on radio is just impeccable.  Even when he did the news, he was great and he just has a way – he always has soul. TSN: Give me your New York sports hierarchy here…rank them in terms of your importance, like Knicks, Jets, Giants, wheres the allegiances for your New York sports hierarchy? Chuck: Well we have two football teams, so everybody you know, Ive seen four Giants championships in my lifetime, but Im not a Giants fan, Im a Jets fan.  So when everyone says "oh you should be happy" Im like theres two football teams, its like theres two baseball teams.  Im not a Yankees fan at all, Im a Mets fan. So I mean, you cant be a fan of both, not a real fan, so I mean thats where that stands.  As far as basketball, I grew up a Knicks fan, also you follow the same teams as your father follows or you got kicked out of the house.  And Im a Mets fan because my father is a National League fan, because as a kid he was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan.  And he was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan because he was a black kid growing up in Harlem, and Jackie Robinson became the first black ball player.  So everyone followed the Brooklyn Dodgers, although the New York Giants had a chance and later on they got a black player, but it seemed like the Dodgers jumped and they made it happen first, so therefore there was no National League team for four years after the Giants and the Dodgers moved out, so when the Mets started up in 1962, they assumed all those fans by default. TSN: Did you have a chance to see Flavor Flav hugging Tom Coughlin after the Super Bowl win? Chuck: No, but he told me he did he said it was all over the news. I dont even think he knows Tom Coughlins name, but hes part of the championship parade, he was hugging Tom Coughlin and at the same time he was part of a Super Bowl commercial with Elton John and everybody, so for a guy who doesnt know anything about sports he was really ramped up in to this week. TSN: Did you ever try to talk to him about sports? When you were on tour constantly? Chuck: No, he dont care. He dont care. Flava Flav cares about the planet of Flavor Flav. Flave didnt even know Charles Barkley at first and Barkley was really upset back when they were doing their commercials and Charles was like, "How do you not know me man, I know you," and Flav was like, "I dont know man." Obviously, he knows Charles Barkley now but when he first got the chance to meet him he was like, "Chuck, whos that?" TSN: Would he at least identify with Michael Jordan? Chuck: Yeah, well he knows Michael Jordan, at the same time we did Saturday Night Live in 91 together. Flav has this thing, "Make the crowd make some noise," and the crowd was really quiet, you know. Its a Saturday Night Live audience and were a rap group, so Flav says, "Come on, this is New York not North Carolina."  And then Michael turned and looked, and he had no idea that Michael Jordan is from North Carolina and played in North Carolina. He had no idea, he was just using North Carolina as a figure of his speech where he would say, "This is New York, this aint North Carolina, this aint Wichita." You had to see Michael Jordans face when he said that. TSN: Youve rhymed about the White House and your problems with the establishment in the past.  Tim Thomas, goaltender from the Boston Bruins, they win the Stanley Cup last year, they get their invite to the White House a few weeks ago and Tim Thomas decides to skip out on the opportunity to meet the president.  Do you have a problem with Tim Thomas skipping out on the White House? Chuck:  Politically speaking, I really respect President Obama I think hes a great guy, I think hes a great symbol. But hes a good guy with a bad car.  Hes a great driver in a car that needs an engine job.  So politically speaking, if you dont stand up for something then youll fall for anything, so maybe Tim Thomas really truly believes he wanted to stand up and his statement ranged loud, so why not you know?  If you do something you that you really set against doing, and really what does the White House have to do with the Bruins winning anways? It has nothing to do with it.  So I dont think its something thats disrespectful to the sport.  I think he made a statement.  If he says Im not gonna go cause I dont like the guy, thats something else.  But if he says look he lays out the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or what he feels uneasy against, against government I think maybe he should have been commended for that. TSN: A statement like Tim Thomass speaks to anger and American culture is very angry right now for a lot of good reasons. Chuck: Well, American culture can stand to learn about history and history doesnt really make you angry. It happens to let you know the real deal, you know once you learn history kinda thorough, you kinda know whats been left out, and you kinda know the real deal and it makes you less angry and makes your statements a little more pointed. I think people confuse my anger cause they heard me rapping loud and hard. TSN: If you were to start Public Enemy today how would that message be different, given everything that youre seeing around you. At the time, you were really able to cut through because you represented kind of a frankness, an honesty and a forth rightness more than anything, it was just a band that stood there and said heres the problems. Chuck: The conditions were different, it was like R and B was taking place in the United States - Reagan and Bush. Margaret Thatcher was the head of the UK, Nelson Mandela still in prison in South Africa with apartheid ringing loud. You had a lot of things that were happening.  Matter of fact we were going to play Europe and had to get on busses and on the middle of the night had to get woken up by a flashlight and dogs from the East German side before we got to the West German side, so the war was still up. Lot of things were happening, so why would I be a silent black man from Roosevelt, Long Island with an opportunity to speak and travel to the world.  It took a little bit of boldness, but I wasnt stupid I was saying these things, I could talk about these things, but better yet I could make music to these things, and music is the universal language.  So I would start Public Enemy today with maybe a group of a lot of MCs.  Maybe they have a lot of vocalists saying a lot of different things with different languages and coming from different parts of the world to talk about things, so thats how I would start it TSN: You look at whats happening with Ryan Braun right now, here he is the MVP of the National League from the Milwaukee Brewers, could do no wrong until he suddenly tests positives for PEDs, performance enhancing drugs and you know almost ever since the new broke its been quiet, and Id be curious – some are kind of speculating that this all might go away now.  But, you look at athletes in the past who have been absolutely raked over the coals for testing positive for banned substances, but could it be possible that hes getting a hall pass because hes white? Chuck: No, I think that this will not go away.  When the Hall of Fame nominees pop up next year and for the next four or five years and names pop up like Palmeiro, Sosa or Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens I mean you know this wont go away it wont leave broad anytime soon.  I mean it might look upon to be a lesser thing, but I mean it really gets disturbing about baseball when you have the all-time hit leader and the all-time home run leader its not gonna probably be in the Hall of Fame because of something else.  That alone chases people away from the game. TSN: As a guy who grow up in Roosevelt, Long Island as you mentioned, whats more likely to win first: Jets win a Super Bowl, Islanders win a Stanley Cup or the Knicks win a world title? D:  When I grew up in Roosevelt, trust me, I waited for the Knicks to win another championship, all these things happen, the Islanders won four in a row, right there, ten minutes from the crib. So you can imagine, the Rangers fans that was shaking their heads like, "Yo, this upstart team comes from nowhere and takes four championships!" So I remember seeing a lot of people shaking heads on that. So I was fortunate to come from the same town that sported Julius "Dr. J" Irving. So for the longest period of time we had the best basketball player in the world, so it was great. Cybulski: You got bragging rights still to this date. Chuck, I gotta tell ya, on behalf of both Bob and I, thank you for just being awesome over the last quarter century. D: You know Im just a person that just tries to work and try to make the thing that I work in a little more respected than what it is. Twitter.com/jamescybulski Nike Air Max 90 Baratas . Fifth-seeded Cilic gained his fourth title in Zagreb and became the third Croat overall to win at least 10 career titles. Cilic also lifted his career record in Zagreb to 22-4, winning 20 of his last 21 matches at the event. Nike Air Max 2015 mujer cielo azules/purpura zapatos . The Texas Rangers quickly got even, and the right-hander felt like he was starting over when he got back on the mound.CLEVELAND -- The Indians closed out their relationship with Chris Perez. The team released the colorful closer Thursday following a season in which he performed below his All-Star abilities, got arrested and surrendered his job in the final week as Cleveland tried to clinch a playoff spot. Also, the Indians re-signed veteran slugger Jason Giambi, who provided leadership last season along with some clutch hits. A two-time All-Star, Perez spent five seasons in Cleveland. And while he saved 124 games, Perez often was at the centre of turmoil that overshadowed his pitching. He angered Indians fans last season for saying they didnt support the team like they should, and he rankled Clevelands front office by criticizing trades and stating the Indians werent spending enough to win. "We just finished out team meetings and made the determination that Chris was not a fit on our roster," general manager Chris Antonetti said in announcing Perezs release. In June, Perez was arrested after drug agents followed a package containing marijuana to his home in Rocky River, Ohio. He and his wife pleaded guilty to a misdemeanour charge. Perez, who was never shy about voicing his opinion on any subject, didnt talk to the media for months before breaking his silence on the final day of the regular season in Minnesota when the Indians secured a wild-card berth. Antonetti denied the notion that Perez was a distraction. "I think we were able to handle any issues," Antonetti said. "In the end, we won 92 games with him serving as our closer for the majority of the season." Perez was eligible for salary arbitration this winter, and based on his statistics and was in line for a raise from his $7.3 million salary this year. But Perezs struggles, along with his tempestuous past, resulted in the Indians cutting ties with him a day after the World Series ended. In 54 games, Perez went 5-3 with a 4.33 ERA and 25 saves in 30 attempts. But he scuffled after Aug. 1 as his ERA ballooned to 7.52 ERA and he allowed six runs in his final two appearances. Antonetti said Perez, who had a stint on the disabled list this season with a sore shoulder, is healthy and feels hell bounce back -- just not in Cleveland. "On balance, Chris was a very meaningful contributor to our teams over the last few years," Antonetti said. "He had a tough stretch at the end of the season, but all players go through upss and downs. hombre Nike Air Max Thea - Flash Lime/blancas Zapatillas. I think Chris will respond well and pitch well for his next team." After he gave up four runs in the ninth inning of a win over Minnesota late in the season, Perez walked into manager Terry Franconas office and told him he didnt want to cost the team a possible playoff berth. Francona promptly pulled him from the closers role, and there was speculation Perez would be left off the post-season roster. However, Perez was on the active roster for the wild-card loss to Tampa Bay. With Perez gone, the Indians need a closer and will look to fill the spot internally with either Cody Allen or Bryan Shaw, two reliable relievers last year. Antonetti said the club could pursue a closer in free agency, but his preference is to use a pitcher on the roster. Giambi was a consummate team player from the moment he arrived at training camp last spring training, and the Indians were thrilled to have him back. "There is no better way to start our off-season than to re-sign Jason Giambi," said Antonetti. "He made a huge impact on our team last season." The 42-year-old, who was a finalist for Colorados managerial job last year, batted just .183 with nine homers and 31 RBIs in 71 games. But it was contributions inside Clevelands clubhouse as a mentor to the teams younger players and a conduit for Francona that helped the Indians get back to the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Giambi also had a flair for the dramatic. He twice became the oldest player in history to hit a walk-off home run. He broke the record set by Hank Aaron on July 29 against Chicago and then bettered his own mark on Sept. 24 with a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth to beat the White Sox, a shot that helped propel the Indians to a 10-game winning streak to end the season. "When you get a guy like that, sometimes it can be once in a lifetime," Franconia said. "Hes changed people in the organization. Hes made me better. Hes made everybody he touches better. Thats a very special person." The Indians signed Giambi to a minor league contract, a deal with minimal risk in case he decides to retire. Cleveland also made a minor trade with San Diego, acquiring left-hander Colt Hynes from the Padres for cash considerations. The 28-year-old reliever spent the second half of last season with San Diego, posting a 9.00 ERA in 22 relief outings. cheap jerseys from china cheap jerseys ' ' '
IP gespeichert
#2 am 14.11.2015 um 03:54 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
zyt123
User

"Where abercrombie and fitch is burberry the michael kors outlet army hollisterco barracks?" Di whispered michael kors around Victoria rolex watches for sale Road.

His p90x3 schedule hands hollister are bcbg max shaking nike air max his swarovski jewelry head toms outlet I oakley do ralph lauren online shop not polo ralph lauren outlet online know, bottega veneta outlet when thomas sabo charms a oakley sunglasses outlet local prada soldier louis vuitton black friday said: omega "This tom shoes turned adidas online out coach outlet to juicycouture.com be louis vuitton australia see-riding tory burch handbags camp, michael kors outlet online after kate spade handbags looking Jijun designer knockoff handbags corrupt oakley sunglasses outlet soldiers fled away, supra footwear this tiffany camp ed hardy clothing will beats by dre headphones be nike roshe run spent, christian louboutin and celine handbags how coach outlet online suddenly tommy hilfiger outlet stores garrison, oakley sunglasses outlet and exceedingly air max 95 strange."

"Liu roshe runs Lang Jiang, michael kors handbags clearance you nike free have nike running shoes to lululemon outlet ask swarovski australia the nike case!"

An rayban officer oakley outlet store dismounted, walked up cheap toms and replica rolex shouted: "? nike roche run We michael kors are ray ban sunglasses outlet Kingo bebe dresses Wei, louis vuitton canada catch cheap eyeglasses online a tory burch sandals fugitive ralph lauren factory store to air jordan shoes this montblanc court, beats by dre headphones I ask jerseys from china you, nike roshe run where is puma online shop the cheap michael kors handbags army."

Soldiers michael kors factory outlet outpost beats by dre headphones on coach outlet store long michael kors outlet while prada purses before ray ban sunglasses outlet coldly:. longchamp "We oakley are christian louboutin outlet Anxi army, there salomon is no coach outlet online fugitive, bags outlet our burberry generals cheap jordans in cheap michael kors handbags the true religion jeans women barracks, swarovski outlet sensible to quickly pandora bracelets go, do burberry sale not gucci shoes annoy michael kors outlet us ralph lauren online General"

"Anxi ugg boots australia army!" north face canada COOKING christian louboutin shoes stunned.

Barracks, north face jackets clearance Xing hermes bags sudden dresses for wedding half-naked hollister online shop deutschland to vans the cheap basketball shoes waist and nike air max 2015 knees, ugg outlet a lululemon.com military burberry factory outlet doctor ralphlauren.com is rayban using watches for men a adidas shoes sharp burberry factory outlet knife, tiffany and co australia cut mizuno running shoes out nike outlet the heart ralph lauren outlet wing custom roshe runs to tommy hilfiger canada give him burberry outlet store out ray ban arrow ferragamo outlet on the nike store left shoulder. nike In oakley sunglasses front of hollister canada him, jimmy choo outlet Lee uhren shop and north face outlet half lying ray ban on a abercrombie and fitch comfortable armchair, eyes polo ralph lauren outlet coldly fake rolex looking tommy hilfiger outlet stores online at michael kors the swarovski uk official site front oakley sunglasses of bride dresses the gucci sneakers men.

Xing air max licensing pale, insanity workout schedule vivacious juicycouture.com giggle ringing, severe pain nike makes joe's new balance outlet the converse sweat on polo ralph lauren outlet his swarovski crystals wholesale forehead nike free run big swarovski online shop drops michael kors rolled huarache down, uggs canada but easton bats he coach bags was polo ralph lauren silent, free runs could rolex replica not burberry sale help Lee and converse.com nodded abercrombie fitch his tommy hilfiger head, louis vuitton who'd Article tough, Xing pants jerseys from china suddenly instyler.com Menheng, adidas arrows ugg boots on sale cut ugg australia out asics from prada the michael kors outlet online bones, moncler outlet medic mcm belt gave him polo ralph lauren on converse all star the nike drug michael kors australia to rolex replica watches stop louboutin outlet bleeding immediately, babyliss pro nano titanium and air max wrap horloges up michael kors outlet online with louis vuitton outlet a louboutin shoes cloth.

"OK!"

Military cut giuseppe shoes the michael kors outlet cloth, jordan retro 11 got new balance shoes laughed:. gucci shoes "Arrow-toxic, coach factory outlet store only hurt a air force little p90x bone, recuperate month it intact."

Evil oakley outlet pants gucci sneakers coarse heavy chi hair breath woolrich outlet online of ugg the louis vuitton handbags mouth, ugg boots to cheap nfl jerseys Lee and abercrombie knock the yoga pants head, "the villain michael kors thanks air jordan release generals tiffany outlet saving air jordan shoes grace ray ban sunglasses outlet when nike soccer shoes bearing louis vuitton outlet online in nike air max mind burberry handbags the heart, newbalance.com after abercrombie and fitch phase cheap ray ban reported capacity."

Lee louis vuitton uk and louboutin uk gently gucci waved and gucci sneakers said: toms shoes sale "Then pandora bracelet just louis vuitton outlet stores saying 崔光远 tiffany's jewelry send adidas.nl you ray ban sunglasses outlet a designer purses letter, ralph lauren sale how do ugg boots on sale you christian louboutin outlet escape?" pandora charms "Yes!"

Xing mac makeup sudden hold michael kors back hilfiger outlet the oakley sunglasses outlet waves the north face outlet of iphone 5s cases shoulder michael kors uhren pain, louis vuitton purses continued: nike outlet "originally wanted to uggs bring sunglasses for women his true religion clearance wife kate spade sale and marc by marc jacobs children pandora escaped tiffany canada villain ray ban sunglasses together, but cheap clothes it was coachusa.com too north face outlet late, beats by dre headphones the cheap michael kors handbags battalion cheap jordans for sale soldiers surrounded north face my north face jackets mansion, ghd I nike shoe had nike escaped hollister co from coach outlet the barbour sale tunnel, longchamp handbags this michael kors outlet online sale tunnel true religion jeans outlet is hermes bags I shoes outlet spent new balance a lululemon australia online shopping decade jordan digging, polo ralph lauren outlet online about a longchamp outlet hundred louboutin shoes on sale paces, moncler when prada purses trouble reserve, chanel outlet did oakley store not ralph lauren polo shirts think today really spend. uggs clearance "" chanel And thomas sabo then? hollister co "

"Then michael kors the discount true religion jeans king hermes handbags of nike air chess mercurial vapor villain ugg australia fled adidas to levis outlet store defend ferragamo outlet the hilfiger online shop king's north face brother's house, abercrombie and fitch in jordan retro 3 order to the north face outlet shelter, mac cosmetics outlet he chanel bag immediately nike factory store sent nike outlet me bcbg max azria to long champ the barbour jackets manor nike air max 90 outside pandora sale the vans city, calvin klein outlet I salvatore ferragamo did uggs outlet not expect to be gucci uk tracked, vans shoes outlet just prada.com soldiers louis vuitton bags continued burberry handbags to coach outlet online hunt, michael kors outlet store desperate hogan to escape adidas the youth baseball bats villain, pandora charms fortunately timberland work boots . I was longchamp bags rescued ray bans by generals "" Tell tommy hilfiger the soldiers nike roshes gone, gucci shoes Lee tory burch handbags and reebok a faint smile, coach outlet store online asked adidas that lululemon canada speech: "You ralph lauren polo dance harrods london your family kate spade sale fled tory burch handbags to air max the chanel purses king, michael kors how mcm bag did timberland.com he say? nike air huarache "

new balance
IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »
Design von FoxHunter; Angepasst von FoxHunter; Angeboten auf dzcp-fans.de und .:$F]B[D$:.