NoCheat
[t_news]
RSS-Feed
Forum
OFFtopic Forum: OFFtopic Thread: by just being off the green -- you cant even get the bal

by just being off the green -- you cant even get the bal
Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 14.12.2016 um 03:24 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
lw789
User
WINNIPEG - Ben Bishop stepped up when the Tampa Bay Lightning needed him most. Nikita Kucherov Lightning Jersey .Although they were outshot 42-27, Bishop kept the Lightning in the game as Tampa Bay downed the Winnipeg Jets 4-2 on Friday.He was the factor in the first two periods for sure, said Lightning coach Jon Cooper. You need that last line of defence and if youre going to win some games and you want to put yourself in a position to be in the playoffs, you need goaltending.Bishop gave was modest, giving credit to his teams defensive play.We went out and got some key acquisitions in the summer, said Bishop. Everybody that plays, plays well and it was no different tonight.The Lightning were without one of their top defencemen. Victor Hedman is out four to six weeks with a fractured finger and the team lost forwards Ryan Callahan and Alex Killorn on this road trip as well.Right winger J.T. Brown left Friday nights game in the first period.Its part of the game, Bishop said of the rash of injuries. It happens to every team. Right now its happening to us a little more.Steven Stamkos, Jonathan Drouin, Vladislav Namestnikov and Ondrej Palat scored as the Lightning (5-2-1) took the fourth game of a five-game road trip that has seen them go 3-1-0. Nikita Kucherov picked up three assists.Bryan Little scored a moral victory for the Jets (2-5-0), when his wrist shot from the slot at 5:33 of the second period finally made Winnipegs power play successful and brought the Jets briefly within one goal.It was Winnipegs first power-play goal of the season. Blake Wheeler scored the Jets second goal in the third period.Theyre definitely an offensive team and they took advantage of the opportunities we gave them tonight, said Little. But its the kind of game that gives you a sour taste in your mouth because we made a couple of big mistakes they took advantage of, but for most of the game I thought we outplayed them.Wheeler agreed with his linemate.Ninety-five per cent of that game we were pretty in control of and playing really well and their chances were good chances and they capitalized, said Wheeler.He gave Bishop credit but said the Jets didnt make the best of the chances he presented.He kicked out some rebounds and we can do a better job of getting on those rebounds, those second chances.Coach Paul Maurice said it wasnt so much the chances they had but the ones they gave up that were the problem.The quality of the chances we gave up was too high . . . It was just positional and fairly basic things, he said.Lightning sniper Stamkos scored his sixth of the season at 4:41 of the first to get things started off a feed from Drouin. They got a two-on-one against Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec after a missed pinch.It was Stamkos who finished the give-and-go with a puck on Pavelecs stick side that the Winnipeg goalie had little chance of stopping.Drouin added his own at 4:45 of the second, his NHL first, and Namestnikov tipped Palats shot past Pavelec on a power play at 12:52 to make it 3-1.Then Palat put one of his own past his Czech countryman with less than two minutes to go in the period to make it 4-1. Pavelec was pulled after the second and replaced by Michael Hutchinson.At one point the Jets were ahead 28-12 on shots in the second but they just couldnt get anything past Bishop.They kept up the pressure and Wheeler was finally rewarded when he flipped one into an open corner of Bishops net at 10:19 of the third.Winnipegs power play continued to fail them in the first, even with a five-on-three, although it helped them take a 16-12 lead in shots at the end of the period. But there was a huge roar of approval from the crowd when Little finally broke the jinx.Their best pressure and some of their best scoring chances followed the five-on-three power-play and Tampa Bay called a time out to slow things down.The Lightning were well-rested after a two-day break following a pair of games in Alberta. They end their road trip Saturday in Minnesota.Injured defenceman Radko Gudas returned to the lineup Friday night after missing four games with a lower-body injury. He got in a scrap with Dustin Byfuglien after a high stick that gave Winnipeg their five-on-three, and was slammed to the ice by the hulking Jet in the fracas.Notes: Andrew Ladd picked up his 199th career assist Friday night on Littles goal and needs only one more goal himself to hit 100 with the franchise. Ben Bishop Lightning Jersey . He left in the 4th inning of Saturdays game against the Tigers after experiencing tightness. Reyes and the team still hope that he will be ready for Opening Day in Tampa Bay in one week. Ondrej Palat Lightning Jersey .ca. Kerry,In the first period of Saturdays Montreal-Ottawa game, BrendanGallagher is called for goaltender interference. CraigAnderson is outside the blue paint trying to make the save.SHENZHEN, China -- Alvaro Quiros and Simon Dyson each shot a 5-under 67 to share the lead after the first round of the China Open on Thursday. The pair were a stroke ahead of a group of six golfers that included defending champion BrettRumford of Australia and Alexander Levy of France, who briefly moved into a tie with Quiros and Dyson in the growing darkness on his back nine but bogeyed the par-3 8th hole before play was suspended. He has one hole remaining to play. Englands IanPoulter was in a group of 12 golfers just behind at 3-under on a crowded leaderboard. HenrikStenson, who has a chance to take over the top ranking from TigerWoods with a win here, had a 71. The Swede, currently ranked third, has been battling the flu this week and didnt get in any practice time on the course at Genzon Golf Club before the opening round. "Im not throwing up but Im not too keen on eating and my energy levels arent the best," he said. "Its not easy to play a golf course blind, and it definitely costs a couple of shots when you havent seen it, or havent played it." Chinese 15-year-old Guan Tianlang, who became the youngest player to make the cut at the Masters last year, was level with Stenson at 71. "I think today I played pretty consistently. My putting feels good, but needs a couple changes so if tomorrow I got more birdies, will keep me going," he said. Quiros has six wins on the European Tour, but hasnt had a top-3 finish in the past three seasons. The Spaniard said hes worked on improving his putting this year and the results are starting to come -- he finished tied for fifth at the Joburg Open in February and then joint 13th last week at the Malaysian Open. "You cant see it yet on the rankings, but I have been playing better," said the Spaniard, ranked a lowly 240th in the world. Valtteri Filppula Lightning Jersey. Dyson, who also has six wins on tour but none since 2011, said he played some of his best golf in a long time during his round, sinking six birdies to go with one bogey. "I really didnt miss a shot. I missed two fairways just, and didnt miss a green so gave myself a lot chances, which is always nice," he said. Stenson is coming off a banner year that saw him become the first golfer to win the European Tours Race to Dubai and the U.S. PGA Tours FedEx Cup in the same season. Hes gotten off to a slow start this season, however, with his best finish a tie for 14th at the Masters. According to the European Tour, Stenson can nudge Woods out of the top spot in the rankings this week only if wins the tournament and there are no withdrawals in the field to affect the maximum number of points hed receive. The Swede had back-to-back birdies on his first two holes, but then struggled to find the fairway and greens down the stretch, making four bogeys. He blamed the state of the rough for some "horrific lies." "I took a six on 13 by just being off the green -- you cant even get the ball hardly on the green to save par. I think its a course that when the rough gets that silly in certain areas, it kind of takes away a lot of skill," he said. Poulter is also looking for a boost, which he typically gets in Asia. Hes won three titles here, including the 2012 HSBC Champions at Mission Hills in Shenzhen. He had four birdies and narrowly missed a couple others, including a 6-footer on the 9th that would have moved him into a share of the lead. "Coming from Augusta National, where (the greens) are quite quick, you come here and the greens are very slow," he said. "Even the putts that look downhill, down grain, are just not very quick and it takes some adjusting to." Cheap Jerseys From China wholesale jerseys ' ' '
IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »
Design von FoxHunter; Angepasst von FoxHunter; Angeboten auf dzcp-fans.de und .:$F]B[D$:.